Tax Return Australia
Find Friendly Help With Your Tax Return in Australia Today
Do you dread the moment when the time comes to file your annual tax return in Australia? Many people feel similarly and for a good reason. Keeping everything in order and properly filing your return can be a daunting task, especially when you may already be so busy in other areas of your life. However, taking proper care with your taxes is not optional, especially considering potential financial penalties levied by the ATO. Just because it is an important (if unpleasant), annual responsibility does not mean that you have to go through the process alone, however.
At Oke Financial Services, we’re ready to take our years of experience and put them to work providing you with a simple and convenient option for managing your income tax return online. With a complete service designed to take the stress out of this time of year, our team is an ideal ally for determining the best way to move forward on your taxes. Let’s take a closer look at why our help can be so useful and what you need to know about getting started.
Common Mistakes People Make With Their Income Tax Return in Australia
First, it’s always a good idea to understand what not to do when filing your tax return in NSW. There are many common mistakes that individuals may make with their returns. Watch out for these problems that could catch the ATO’s attention:
- Failing to fully report all income, often due to a misunderstanding about what qualifies as reportable. If you worked a “gig” during the year or earned income through other means that a reasonable person would understand to be employment, it is most often reportable.
- Misunderstanding what a properly deductible expense is and what is not. While we would all love to claim so many deductions that our tax burden would become substantially smaller, the reality is that only certain kinds of expense deductions are allowable. For example, trying to deduct expenses related to travelling from your home to the office isn’t acceptable.
- Pushing claims on expenses for investment properties too far. While certain rental-related investments might qualify for a deduction, not all do. You must be careful with the deduction claims you make related to property, as the ATO has begun to examine such claims with additional scrutiny due to abuse.
The Benefits of Working With Us On Your Tax Return in the Melbourne CBD
Besides helping you avoid the mistakes described above, what are the most substantial benefits of partnering with an accounting team to handle your tax return in Brisbane or Melbourne? Some of them include the following:
- We have years of experience to put to use in making certain that everything in your tax return is fully compliant with ATO regulations. After getting our start over 15 years ago, we’ve never stopped striving to remain up to date on the various changes to the tax code year over year.
- You can leave one of your most important annual tasks in capable hands so that you can focus your attention on other demands in your life. With work and responsibilities at home demanding your energy, taxes can seem like one more burden to shoulder. With Oke Financial Services, you can hand that responsibility off to someone else.
- You can trust that everything will be in order, and that your chances of receiving an unpleasant letter from the ATO are as minimal as possible. We take pride in our attention to detail and leave no stone unturned in our efforts to submit the most orderly returns.
What Sets Oke Financial Services Apart When You Do Your ATO Tax Return Online?
Accepting that you could benefit from an accountant’s help is a useful step, but why should you specifically select our team? When you see how we stand apart for our clients who need help with their tax return in the Brisbane CBD, we believe it’s an easy choice.
- All the firm members come from very rigorous academic backgrounds, and they use that passion for learning to remain on top of the ATO rules and guidelines as changes occur. There’s no need for you to spend time poring over ATO documents filled with “legalese” when our team can cut through the jargon on your behalf.
- We provide online and phone appointments for your convenience and safety. Through this service, we can gather the necessary materials from you safely and securely while providing a private digital consultation to discuss the facts of your tax situation.
- Our simple and streamlined tax return form makes the process of supplying the necessary information quick and painless. This checklist will guide you through gathering all the materials we’ll need to lodge your return.
Problems We Can Address With Your Tax Return in QLD
Solving problems for our clients is one of the things we do best. If you have run into some trouble trying to prepare the forms yourself, rest easy. We can help you with issues such as:
- Confusion about what you need to report and what does not count as income. Some types of payments, such as particular pensions and educational disbursements, aren’t taxable and don’t need to be included on your return. However, many other kinds of payments do qualify. We’ll help you sort out which is which.
- Very complex tax situations. Whether you’re an entrepreneur with multiple income streams, an investor with a complicated portfolio, or anyone with a unique concern related to taxation, you can trust that we’ll know how to help.
- Correcting mistakes if you believed you filed in error. We understand that errors happen from time to time, and given the complexity of the tax system, it’s no surprise that sometimes individuals can lose their way. We can assist you in filing an amended return.
How to Prepare to Submit Your Tax Return in Sydney
What do you need to make it as easy as possible to file your tax return in the Sydney CBD? Below you’ll find a few of our top tips for making this process headache-free:
- Begin collecting all the relevant paperwork that you will need for our team to prepare your tax return fully. We’ve prepared a helpful checklist as a worksheet for individuals to use when they reach this stage. Some of the information that you will need to find includes
- Gather information about potential deductions you may be able to claim.
- Arrange to speak with our team as soon as possible.
What You Should Know About Backpackers Tax Back
At Oke Financial Services, we have a deep knowledge of some of the trickier aspects of the Australian tax code, particularly those sections pertaining to working holidays. If you’ve spent time here as a “backpacker” while working, you may be entitled to some tax back. Here’s what to keep in mind:
- The most important thing to determine is whether you qualify under tax law as a “backpacker” capable of receiving tax back. The ATO has established clear criteria that we can evaluate together with you to ascertain your status.
- If you earned taxable income while spending time in Australia, it is a requirement for you to file a return with the ATO. Don’t overlook this important responsibility or the value in our assistance with preparation and filing.
- Using a service such as ours saves you from the headache of trying to untangle Australian tax law as an individual who would not normally need to know such information.
Key Questions You Can Ask Us About Your Tax Return Online
Did you know that we make it easier than ever to get helpful answers to your questions? With online chat options and friendly staff on the phones, you can find the information you need. Some of the most common questions we help with include:
- Will I be eligible for any tax refunds?
- What other ways are there to reduce the tax burden I accrue each year, if any?
- How long will it take you to prepare my return?
Other Services We Provide Alongside Tax Back Help
Oke Financial Services strives to be the most versatile solution in our industry. Aside from assisting with an individual’s tax return in VIC, we also offer other assistance in the following forms:
- An extensive range of business services, including preparing your annual statements, lodging BAS on time, and even consulting insight on certain aspects of your business’s financials. When you operate a business and need an extra pair of hands to help keep your finances in proper order, we’re standing by and ready to assist.
- Business tax advice, covering the entire range of possible taxes you may encounter. Discover smarter ways to structure your company’s finances while always fully meeting the obligations set out by the ATO.
- Self-managed super fund services. Are you taking control of your super into your own hands? Allow us to assist with the full range of tasks related to SMSF oversight, from establishment to record keeping.
About Oke Financial Services
With an expansive footprint and a large, diverse team of highly educated professionals, Oke Financial Services proudly serves Sydney, Brisbane, and Melbourne with a better personal and business accounting experience. Committed to transparency and honesty in all our dealings while also always looking to place you on the best possible footing, our clients enjoy a valuable and friendly service with every interaction.
Explore more of our online resources now, or contact us today to complete your tax return in Melbourne without delay. Be mindful of the deadline dates for your tax return and avoid a headache by starting the process as soon as you can.